The postpartum stage and breastfeeding are powerful times of life as the woman/birthing person and partner transform into a parent(s), bringing new life, love, and creation.
As an IBCLC and doula, I work with moms/parents, partners and families in developing support tools that reflect the uniqueness and needs for that particular family and transition in a compassionate, nonjudgmental, mom/family centered space.
I’m an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. I completed UC San Diego Ext. Lactation Consultant training and did my clinical work at Kaiser Redwood City – truly a life changing experienced. I received formal doula arts training at Twin Lakes College of the Healing Arts, Santa Cruz, CA and received my doula certification through Natural Resources, San Francisco, CA . Also, I’ve had specialized training in herbal medicine with Five Flavors Herbs and American School of Herbalism, trained with Gail Tully of Spinning Babies, Rachel Yellin in “Supporting the Hypnosis-Based Birth,” “Tracking Spirit in the Birth Environment” with Isa Gucciardi, Ph.D, and Elizabeth Davis’ “Heart & Hands” midwifery intensive.
I’m experienced in perinatal herbal medicine, acupressure, moxabustion,labor and breastfeeding massage, breastfeeding support, newborn care and parenting, mindfulness meditation, breath and vocalization techniques, as well as other mind and body comfort measures, and postpartum nutrition. I happily support your birth at home, at a birth center or at the hospital.
We work together in your home and place of birth – including home, birth center and hospital. Our prenatal sessions are at your home and are 1.5-2 hours in length.
Areas of Service:
I work in:
- San Francisco
- San Mateo County (w/in 30 minutes of my home).
- Mill Valley
Doula support is available outside these areas with an extra traveling fee ($150).
I work at the following hospitals:
- SF, Redwood City, and Oakland Kaisers
- St. Luke‘s, CPMC
- CPMC, California St. campus
- Alta Bates, Oakland
The Whole Package: Breast/chest feeding is a dynamic relationship between mother/parent and child with stages and changes over the course of the infant’s life and the parent’s postpartum experience. This packages provides support in initiating breast/chest feeding, establishing milk supply, address any nipple/breast pain, infant growth spurts, and maintaining a healthy breast/chest feeding relationship with your child.
- 1 prenatal lactation prep session
- 1 session between day 0-5 postpartum
- 1 session between day 7-14
- 1 session been day 14-28
- Unlimited text, phone, email support until week 6 postpartum
Virtual Lactation Consultation: via Zoom or FaceTime up to a 90 minute video call that includes:
- Client intake and history
- Assistance with latch and positioning
- Milk supply support
- Visual assessment of breast/nipple health
- Pump assistance
- Personalized written follow-up and feeding plan
Sliding scale: $75-$150
In-home Lactation Consultation: (WILL RESUME AFTER SIP) up to 2 hours session in your home including pre/post feeding infant weights, breast exam, latch and position assessment and support, and written breast/chest feeding plan, unlimited text/phone/email support.
Follow-up 1 hour in-home session: Cost: $80
Postpartum Doula Support Package
- 1 prenatal session
- On-call beginning at 38 weeks of pregnancy
- In-home and/or in-hospital check-in immediately after birth
- Support transitioning from hospital to home
- Unlimited phone and email support until end of contract
- 3-4 hour sessions that can be used for: breastfeeding support; newborn care and parenting education and support; check-in and processing of the birth; herbal remedies support (sitz bath preparation, lactation teas, calm the spirits teas, moxabustion “mother roasting” etc), shoulder/hand/foot massage & acupressure; cooking and grocery shopping; running errands; and light household cleaning (laundry, doing dishes – washing bottles/baby gear etc.)
- Daytime support only
Package 1: 12 hours of pp support (3-4 sessions)
Package 2: 24 hours of pp support (6-8 sessions)
Package 3: 30 hours of pp support (10 sessions)
Package 4: 45 hours of pp support (15 sessions)
Perinatal Doula Support Package
Working together during your pregnancy, birth and postpartum provides a unique opportunity for continuity of care.
My services include:
- 3 prenatal visits (other than interview)
- Birth & postpartum plan development support
- Education & resources on pregnancy/labor/postpartum and breastfeeding mind/body comfort measures
- 2 weeks before and after your baby’s expected due date 24-hour on-call access
- Support for labor and birth: labor massage, mindful hypnosis-based language, breath and vocalization techniques, labor positions
- Photographs labor/birth and time with your newborn (if desired)
- 1 postbirth lactation consultation (up to 2 hours)
- 6 hours of postpartum support to be used in 3 hour sessions that can be used for: breastfeeding/feeding support; newborn care & parenting support; check-in and processing of the birth; herbal remedies support (sitz bath preparation, lactation teas, calm the spirits teas, moxabustion “mother roasting” etc), shoulder/hand/foot massage & acupressure; cooking and grocery shopping; running errands; and light household cleaning (baby laundry, doing dishes – washing bottles/baby gear etc.
- Unlimited phone and email support before week 38 of client’s pregnancy, continuing through week 6 of postpartum period
- Back-up birth doula support
Payment plans available.
I ask for 24 hour notice to schedule our first postpartum session.Payment plans available.
Questions? Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.